
The stages of life are like the sweet layers of filo dough in fresh baklava. It's the 27th day of the June. My ability to write with lucidity and imagination has been dried up for the last 30 days. Here's the list.. 30 thoughts for the 30 days of June.
1. The new TMSR album is amazing. Not as great as population, but still heavenly to the ears.
2. Liverpool finally signed a decent Englishman, who is better than their current right back. And now Arsenal must do the same or again settle for another trophyless season in the CL, EPL, FA Cup and League Cup.
3. If I would have stayed in Utah last month, I would have been eating wedding cake atleast twice a week, every week.
4. I don't know what freedom truly is, but listening to Ulrich Schnauss whenever I ride my bike, gives me melodic inklings of what it is.
5. Women are born in love.
6. Why did the Redwings have to lose to Pens in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals?! I've been fasting from the hockey news since than and now all of suddenly I have more time and less to talk about with the old polar bears at the pubs.
7. 2 years since high school graduation and do I still miss those days? I used to occasionally, but now not anymore.
8. This year there will be Christmas in July.
9. Being back in the PNW has been rejuvenating. People recycle. The drivers aren't offensive. Other stores besides 7/11 and Walmart are open on Sundays. The air smells like coffee. The water is tasty. The beach is right there and the mountains are only an hour away. Asians are just about everywhere. Falafels are cheap and easy to find.
10. Every university kid should have a flask or wine bottle opener.
11. Rain is my "creative gasoline". There was never enough rain in Utah. I love you Matt. Someday, we'll raise our families right door to each other in Richmond.
12. 颐和园 (Summer Palace) is a steamy film with many of life's lessons. Watch this film and your appetite for romance will be put through a sieve of bitter-sweet reality. Love and Romance are two separate things. Often times, we forget that.
13. Both samurai champloo and cowboy bebop series were atleast 5 episodes too short.
14. Why can't cadbury eggs be sold all year round?
15. Sometimes, I get so engaged in the aesthetic experience while looking fixedly at a work of art, I just wanna walk right into it. These are the only times I wanna get high.
16. In the future, I'll look back the early & mid 2000's as the time that I was wishing I went to college during in the mid 90's or mid 80's.
17. I have a personal testimony that Joseph Smith was a.. genius? prophet of god? iconoclast? overly salacious mad-man? It doesn't matter to me anymore.
18. 青岛国际啤酒节 is in 2 months.
19. It's the nature of the experiment, the patterns of my temperment. I would kill for a Tokyo Police Club membership app right now.
20. I've spent too much money at New Town Bakery this month.
21. Being homeless for a day on the streets, should be a graduation requirement at almost any university
22. The average man thinks about sex every 7 seconds, that's about as often as I think about 中國. It isn't coming soon enough.
23. America is no longer a melting pot, but rather a salad bowl.
24. I can't see myself spending more than a semester in the Holy Land. Other than amities and the accounting program, there is no reason to stay.
25. Kitsilano beach is where dreams come true.
3. If I would have stayed in Utah last month, I would have been eating wedding cake atleast twice a week, every week.
4. I don't know what freedom truly is, but listening to Ulrich Schnauss whenever I ride my bike, gives me melodic inklings of what it is.
5. Women are born in love.
6. Why did the Redwings have to lose to Pens in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals?! I've been fasting from the hockey news since than and now all of suddenly I have more time and less to talk about with the old polar bears at the pubs.
7. 2 years since high school graduation and do I still miss those days? I used to occasionally, but now not anymore.
8. This year there will be Christmas in July.
9. Being back in the PNW has been rejuvenating. People recycle. The drivers aren't offensive. Other stores besides 7/11 and Walmart are open on Sundays. The air smells like coffee. The water is tasty. The beach is right there and the mountains are only an hour away. Asians are just about everywhere. Falafels are cheap and easy to find.
10. Every university kid should have a flask or wine bottle opener.
11. Rain is my "creative gasoline". There was never enough rain in Utah. I love you Matt. Someday, we'll raise our families right door to each other in Richmond.
12. 颐和园 (Summer Palace) is a steamy film with many of life's lessons. Watch this film and your appetite for romance will be put through a sieve of bitter-sweet reality. Love and Romance are two separate things. Often times, we forget that.
13. Both samurai champloo and cowboy bebop series were atleast 5 episodes too short.
14. Why can't cadbury eggs be sold all year round?
15. Sometimes, I get so engaged in the aesthetic experience while looking fixedly at a work of art, I just wanna walk right into it. These are the only times I wanna get high.
16. In the future, I'll look back the early & mid 2000's as the time that I was wishing I went to college during in the mid 90's or mid 80's.
17. I have a personal testimony that Joseph Smith was a.. genius? prophet of god? iconoclast? overly salacious mad-man? It doesn't matter to me anymore.
18. 青岛国际啤酒节 is in 2 months.
19. It's the nature of the experiment, the patterns of my temperment. I would kill for a Tokyo Police Club membership app right now.
20. I've spent too much money at New Town Bakery this month.
21. Being homeless for a day on the streets, should be a graduation requirement at almost any university
22. The average man thinks about sex every 7 seconds, that's about as often as I think about 中國. It isn't coming soon enough.
23. America is no longer a melting pot, but rather a salad bowl.
24. I can't see myself spending more than a semester in the Holy Land. Other than amities and the accounting program, there is no reason to stay.
25. Kitsilano beach is where dreams come true.
26. Utah Mormons in general are some kindest, yet most judgmental and hypocritical people I've ever met. They remind me of mainstream christians that stain the reputation of their respective church branches. The similarities between the two groups are striking.
27. The best dance practice always happens in the shower.
28. Every thursday night, the ends of my mouth are stretched up the heavens and I am in solicitude.
29. I owe myself another 4-day fast and a trip down to South Africa soon
27. The best dance practice always happens in the shower.
28. Every thursday night, the ends of my mouth are stretched up the heavens and I am in solicitude.
29. I owe myself another 4-day fast and a trip down to South Africa soon
30. Feelings are often misleading, religion can be poisoning and faith is frustrating at times. It's always important to grow within one's faith and make sacrifices in the process. But I don't care. I've seen small glimpses of God's greatness, yet it's not something I truly yearn for at this stage in my life. I attend church. I read scriptures. I worship with my christian brothers and sisters. But I feel nothing and for some reason, I am content just being at this stage. Why should I pray that I hunger for something, when I don't exactly want it?

No comments:
Post a Comment